This is one of the few Elf products that have reached an almost "cult" quality on beauty blogs; so much so that I had to get it in my 1st Elf order. And I did.
I'll first go by saying that, as much hype as there's going on about the Elf Studio blush&bronzer duo, this product is not suited to everyone's skintone/preference/taste. That doesn't stop me from loving it though, but more on that in the end of this post ;)
Starting with the blush side, we're dealing with an orange-peachy shade with a hint of gold glitter.
* other than that it's a nice colour to enhance a tan, there's nothing really exciting to write home about...
* as with the Elf Studio blushes, it swatches a little powdery
* the gold glitter is not that flattering
As for the bronzer side, it's a dark caramel brown shade with a tiny amount of soft shimmer.
* not an orange bronzer- hit!
* its shimmer doesn't translate on the skin, making it perfect for contouring!
* way too dark to be used on pale skin
* it's also not that easy to blend, thus requiring a good quality fluffy brush if you want to use it as an all-over bronzing powder
In the end, would I recommend this product? Yes, but only to those with a fairly darker skintone that are looking for a product to enhance their tan or for contouring. This handy "2in1" compact will save up some space in your travel makeup bag, as well ;)
For my fair-skinned readers, this product will most likely fail you.
Personally, the bronzer enabled me to (finally!) contour my cheeks in an affordable way; so for that alone, I value highly this product- in fact, it has already grown into a staple. I could do without the blush side, although I would definitely use it on my cheeks if there was no other blush at hand.
Now, let me see your hands:
who's a fan of the Elf Studio blush&bronzer compact? ;)