12/01/2010

Just Another Mac 187 dupe

Hello my lovelies!
May I present to you yet-another-dupe-of-the-infamous-Mac-187-brush...


To those of you who are not familiar with Art Deco, it is a german cosmetics brand which pertains to the affordable ones. Among their best-sellers are:

* the Art Deco Eyeshadow Base, which I'm using at the moment and I'm liking a lot,

* the petite refillable eyeshadows that come in a variety of finishes and can be stored in...

* the so-called "beauty boxes" which are sold separately- these are plain, empty magnet pans in black that can hold up to 12 eyeshadows or 9 eyeshadows with 1 blush, or 6 eyeshadows and 2 blushes, etc etc (you get the point, right?)- but lo and behold, the limited edition ones are embellished with some beautiful patterns!


Back to the 187 dupe...


The site mentions it as "Brush for Illuminating Powder Finish", but that didn't stop me to use it with my liquid foundation, which for the time being is the Biotherm Aquaradiance SPF 15.


Flawless, I tell you... Actually, I don't own the Mac duo-fibre equivalent to make a decent comparison, but I don't feel I'll be spending any time soon 40 euros on a brush when the Art Deco cost me about 15! (To be honest, I'm most definitely to splurge on the 187, but I'm guessing that it will take me a loooooong, long time until then! I'm really satisfied with this Art Deco brush)

I know, I should probably have some pictures of the application...
In my defence, my veins on my hands looked so puffy and all swelled-up today that they resemble the arms of Madonna > _ <
Anyway... Happy blogging and reading and commenting to everyone!

CBSG5861

4 comments:

  1. never managed to use that kind of brush, while most beauty junkies simply ADORE it, weird, but what can you do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you should definitely give it another try!

    The trick is to make circular motions using only the white bristles that are dense&soft, the brown bristles are meant to hold the white ones in place.

    In my first application I brushed my face like a maniac and got streaks and brown bristles all over...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the art deco beauty boxes. Do you know if they ship internationally. Ps I am a fellow greek as well. My family is from right outside of Athens, <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Tina!

    Unfortunately, the official website (www.artdeco.de/en/cosmetics) does not ship worldwide, but it has a "store search" option for all partners of Art Deco worldwide. Plus the fact that most online stores don't sell the LE beauty boxes...

    But- after a tiny search on the web I found this site (www.hsn.com) that ships worldwide and stores a couple of these LE beauty boxes. Just type "Art Deco refillable" on the search bar and you'll find them.

    Ps: καλώς ήρθες! Φιλιά από την Αθήνα :*

    ReplyDelete

I respond to all your lovely comments-
please check back if you've asked me a question!
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...