23/12/2010

Late night randomness

I'm back with a ramble of insignificant matters on cosmetics and such...
Do prepare yourself for photos via google search- sorry girls, I'm feeling a little lazy today ;)

First off, I recently saw a vid of Enkore where he pretty much said that if you have oily skin, it's almost impossible for your foundation not to oxidize -especially if you're using a powder-, which means that if you're going to shop for a foundation/powder, you should always match the colour after it has oxidized on your skin.

Man, I wish I'd read it sooner! I had a hunch that this was the case with my liquid foundation...



...or my setting powder...



...they both look darker on me after 5-10 minutes of application!
I'm not wasting them, though; as soon as I (kind of) hit pan on both, they'll be replaced ;)

Secondly:
I'm sick and tired of Elf!



What puts me off is that there's no way the products you want are all going to be in stock at the same time! You've got to make some compromises and choose between the available products, it's just that I have a hard time doing so...

The blush&bronzer duo is out of stock- and I'm not willing to make an order without it! So it's going to be postponed.
Damn it :(

I'm also on the lookout for a fun, vibrant lipstick by Mac!



After a lot of search online, I've narrowed down a list of the following:
Show Orchid
Pink Nouveau
Lustering
Lickable

Anyone tried these before, which one would you recommend?
Let me know, loves ;)

Oh, and one more thing: remember my review on Mac's Prep+Prime Eye?

Well, the product still doesn't work for me but it's excellent for mature/very dry skin!
I tried it once on my mum- it covered her red veins and made the eyeshadow glide on the lids. I should have figured this out before I published my review- I mean, it's silicone based, it obviously provides some kind of "slip" on the lids, so it must be good for dry skin.
Pure common sense!

That's it for today...
Hopefully I'll publish another post tomorrow, I've neglected this little blog during past week and I feel so baaad!

Mwah :* :* :*

CBSG5861

7 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about Elf. Although I enjoy using many of their products, whenever I'm ready to place an order most of the things I want are out of stock. That's so annoying!
    I haven't tried any of the Mac lipsticks you are mentioning so I can't really recommend them.
    Do another FOTD, we love those. I hope you have been practising with your camera young lady!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i couldn't agree more..

    ReplyDelete
  3. invest in mattifying products/bases....i haven;t tried anything from the list you propose yet my problem with elf is the following: how smt good for your skin can be so cheap? i am kind of apprehensive....xronia polla btw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I guess that oily skin-types would suffer a bit more from the nasty turn of the face makeup to an orange tone, but I don't believe that it's mostly the skin's fault: it's the foundation itself.
    For example MAC sff does oxidize noticeably on me (combination skin), while YSL Radiant Touch was indistinguishable regardless of hours of wear and weather (temperature) etc... also the older the foundation is, the more it will oxidize, so that's another thing to keep in mind...!

    Χρονια πολλα για να μην ξεχνιομαστε! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy new year E!

    Sorry to hear the blush bronzer duo is out of stock, but at least you've got a list you want from ELF and next time when they have a sale you know what to click add to bag immediately :D!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi E :)

    what did you get from Xmas? :D

    J

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Arietta, I've been practising with my camera all-holiday-long, lol! Hopefully sth good comes out of that ton crap of pictures with my mug!

    @Nells, thanks girl ;)

    @λειντι ντι, I know, I'm having some doubts about the quality of the Elf stuff- but so many girls are loving Elf! There must be something good about the brand, except the dirt-cheap prices. I hope...

    @Tina, oh I see. So the Sff oxidized on you? Shame on Mac, although I've read it before.
    Εννοείται κούκλα, χρόνια πολλά και καλή χρονιά!

    @Jennifer, ha ha you have a point there!
    I got nothing dead-exciting for Christmas- my parents gave me some cash which I've yet to spend and I still haven't exchanged gifts with my boy... But I got a Mac lipstick! That's exciting ;)

    Kisses to everyone, I'm so sorry I didn't reply sooner! I was possessed by the holiday spirit =D

    ReplyDelete

I respond to all your lovely comments-
please check back if you've asked me a question!
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...