So I've succumbed to the ever-so-growing Chanel Bronze Universel craze,
and I'm over the moon about it!
These are my first thoughts on the product:
* First off, let me protest about its humungous packaging! Despite being uber stylish and minimalist-chic, it can take too much space when travelling! I understand that the Chanel woman doesn't need to save up room on her travel makeup bag- she has her man to carry her numerous luggage, ha ha! Still, it would be so nice if there was a mini version of Bronze Universel...
* Its renowned smell: it's a subtle grown-up version of peach, not the sickly sweet peachiness you usually come across in most teenage-targeted fragrances of today! I can already see myself getting addicted to it... I'm sniffing the tub while I'm typing this and ahhh... it smells just divine!
* This stuff is packed with silicones- and I'm not accounting that as a con, I think products containing silicones are a pleasure to use, as they glide on the skin so beautifully! This could be one of the reasons why Bronze Universel is so popular...
* It's mentioned on makeupalley that it also provides some kind of coverage, which I find quite interesting ;)
* I've also been reading that it's a great "value for money" product, as you get 30 gr for a reasonable price-per-gr ratio. Well, that must be true only if you use piles of bronzer every single day! I wonder if it goes bad; the tub writes 18M (period after opening), so am I going to expect it going off after 1,5 year?
* For your reference girls, the greek stores won't offer the most common 25% sale on Chanel products! I got mine for around 45E from a very sweet and polite sales assistant (now that's odd! for a Chanel lady, ha ha) at my local Hondos Center. Although she didn't give me any Chanel samples (booooo!!!) and I was too shy to ask for a couple of Vitalumiere Aqua sachets...
And now that my "don't touch it!" phase has finally receded,
I can start using it! lol
I'd love to read your recommendations on the best brush to use with
I know the Mac 109 is a popular choice but it allegedly sheds like crazy, and any hair stuck in the product would make me cringe!
So, what are your thoughts on high-end makeup?
Do you feel like investing in one expensive product is better than owning
lots of cheaper alternatives?
I haven't yet made up my mind about that matter...