The highlight of May, THE concert of the year, his hotness performing on stage-
it finally happened!!!
Last Friday Martin Gore's band performed live at Terravibe stage for us greek Depeche Mode fans, and I was there! Heart in hand, it was a concert that was well worth the money, time spent and effort; one that I can proudly recite in years to come.
Here's everything I learned from this experience:
1. Terravibe is much more concert-appropriate than the O.A.K.A.. Fact. It's just so much nicer to stand on a green space with pine trees all around and enjoy the fresh air, than having to spend 4+ hours on a cold stadium. The sound was crystal clear and the big screens on either side of the stage had excellent picture quality.
2. A lot of people complained about the crowded entrance. We did experience a bit of trouble going through the front gate, though I should point out that the the exit was pretty smooth with minimum crowding.
3. If you really want to enjoy a concert and be able to actually see the stage,
V.I.P. tickets are the way to go.
4. F.O.X were awesome! They played a few of their songs before Depeche Mode hit the stage. Click to check these guys out!
5. Dave is one sexy mofo... Having just turned 51, he still looks like a hot beast on stage! I love- no, I adore this man- no, I'll have his name tattoed on my wrist or sth! Martin Gore, on the other hand, looked a bit drained; perhaps a tad too wrinkly? To quote my sister, he looked like "ο Χάρης Ρώμας με ξανθιά περούκα". Not fair sis, not fair!
6. The band performed for 2+ hours; the show was fully, 100% enjoyable.
7. No official merchandise, man! Why??? Now I'll have to order a t-shirt online. Pfff...
8. We are the worst crowd- ever. Seriously. I expected to see some boozed out people dancing like crazy; all I saw was a seemingly unexcited crowd that only sprung to life when DM played "Enjoy the silence" and "I just can't get enough"...
9. If you have a sensitivity towards cannabis, get over it because there's some serious weed smoking action going on in the crowd. A lesbian couple next to us must have shared a lotta joints while we were there- let alone kissing and hugging like there's no tomorrow... Bitches please, get a room!
10. Dave promised Depeche Mode will come again. I'm counting on your word, babe!
So, who else enjoyed DM live in Athens?
Any new gigs you're planning to go to? Share with us!