04/03/2013

B-day thoughts, goals and comic strips...


* Gawd, it's hard trying to come up with a decent blog post introduction after being M.I.A. for more than 2 weeks- spare me just this once, guys! *

So, the news are as follows: I've been trying out a new skincare routine, had yet another failed appointment for ombre-ing my hair (ugh!) and, well... yesterday was my birthday.
Boy, am I glad that day is over!

You're now probably thinking "wtf gurl, are you serious??? Birthdays are fun!"
Allow me to plead my case, for the hell of it...



You see, apart from acting as a harsh reminder of getting older, I don't understand why it has to be such a big deal in one's life. Sure, the fact that people ring for wishes is caring, and the presents are always nice- though I'd much appreciate it if someone gave me a lovely gift at any given day, not out of mere obligation... Just sayin'!

Here's what makes me want to rush up the hours into the next day: the massive amounts of attention. Being forced into the spotlight is not my thing, especially while everybody expects me to be on my best mood, best outfit and best-est smile, when all I want is to be booze-free, stay unapologetically indoors and watch series after series of Family Guy.



And please, don't get me started on the inevitable and dreary thoughts of not having succeeded in anything major over the last year... No matter how much I've grown as a person, or the few goals I've managed to accomplish, whenever there's my birthday I can't help but feel I haven't done enough with my life.

Man, it sucks getting old and grumpy...



So, there. I hate birthdays. Unless, of course, it's not MY birthday we're talking about... Do forgive this excuse of a blog post, for some reason I needed to put it out there. Please someone tell me I'm not alone in this!

Also, while we're on the topic:
raise hands all you Pisces out there! Woot woot :D

Evi   xx

13 comments:

  1. Α...σε καταλαβαίνω απόλυτα και τα τελευταία χρόνια νιώθω ακριβώς τα ίδια (εντάξει όταν ήμουν 20 έκανα 3ήμερο εορτασμό, αλλά πλέον δεν είναι το ίδιο)! Άσε που με αγχώνει πολύ ότι πρέπει να περιποιηθώ τους πάντες και αν τελικά κάνω κάτι να περάσουν όλοι τέλεια-που στο κάτω κάτω δεν είναι και στο χέρι μου! Τουλάχιστον έχω δίδυμη αδερφή και έχει πιο πολύ πλάκα το event!Πάντως παρά το άγχος είναι μια καλή αφορμή να νιώσουμε πιο σπεσιαλ έστω για αυτήν τη μία μέρα του χρόνου!Χρόνια πολλά, δημιουργικά και ευτυχισμένα!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you για τις ευχές!!! Ε μα, όλους να τους ευχαριστήσεις εκείνη τη μέρα, δε βγαίνει με τίποτα! Άντε, δεν το ήξερα ότι έχεις δίδυμη αδερφή, cooool!

      xx

      Delete
  2. I don't mind getting older, but looking older! My birthday is on monday and I'm happy to eat cake at work and drink alcohol.I can't stand the wishes on facebook.Also,being a pisces, doesn't mean that I'm emotional,sensitive and not capable of decision making.Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said, I agree 100%! Pisces are not always emotional and sensitive, it pisses me off when people assume I'm like that judging by my star sign...

      xx

      Delete
  3. καταρχήν, χρόνια πολλά! εγώ προσωπικά, ούτε αντιπαθώ ούτε τρελαίνομαι. νιώθω όπως εσύ, τις μέρες πριν τα γενέθλιά μου, αλλά πάντα εκείνη τη μέρα έχω καλή διάθεση και χαίρομαι που με θυμούνται φίλοι και αφιερώνουν το χρόνο τους να μου ευχθηθούν. άλλες φορές θέλω να κάνω κάτι γκράντε άλλες κάτι ήσυχο, αλλά όσο περνάνε τα χρόνια, θέλω να έχω αναμνήσεις από αυτή τη μέρα και μου κακοφαίνεται που δε θυμάμαι ούτε έχω φωτογραφίες από πολλά γενέθλια που έχουν περάσει

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Σ'ευχαριστώ! Χμμ, ούτε εγώ έχω φωτό από παλιότερα γενέθλιά μου, κακό αυτό... Εύχομαι κάποια στιγμή να αποκτήσω καλύτερη διάθεση για το όλο θέμα like you ;)

      xx

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday to you, girl!
    Aλλο ενα ψαρακι εδω, του Φλεβαρη! :D
    Καθε χρονο με πιανει η μελαγχολια που λες με αφορμη την ανασκοπηση (τυπου, τι εχω καταφερει στη ζωη μου, τι εχω κανει, αφηνω να περνανε τα καλυτερα μου χρονια ανεκμεταλλευτα κλπ. κλπ.)ακομα και αν δεν ισχυουν. Παρ'ολα αυτα φετος δεν με επιασε! Δεν κανω τιποτα grande, δεν ειναι του στυλ μου αλλα θελω να κανω κατι ιδιαιτερο εκεινη την μερα. Αλλα εκεινη την μερα οχι την επομενη ή προηγουμενη μερα ή σκ. Ειδικα φετος που ο περσινος χειμωνας ηταν επιεικως χαλια!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo! Μαζευτήκαμε πολλά ψαράκια, yay!!!
      Τυχερή ήσουν φέτος, μακάρι κι εγώ του χρόνου να αλλάξω ψυχολογία... Ναι, εκείνη ειδικά τη μέρα έχει σημασία να κάνεις κάτι, όχι πριν ή μετά!

      xx

      Delete
  5. Me personally i'm somewhere in the middle. I don't hate it, but i'm not excited about that day either. Indifferent.I totally feel you, especially on that last part. Feeling i haven't accomplished as much as i could have over the last year...it sucks. Χρόνια πολλά!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you huni!
      Although I agree, it's those kind of thoughts that make me dislike my birthday, sigh...

      xx

      Delete
  6. ποσο σε καταλαβαινω!τα γενεθλια μου ειναι σε δεκα μερες και με εχει πιασει μια εντονη επιθυμια οχι απλα να μην γιορτασω αλλα να φυγω καπου μακρια να μην το θυμαμαι..στα 20 θυμαμαι εκανα παρτυ οταν πλησιαζαν τα γενεθλια μου αλλα απο περσι κι επειτα δεν εχω και πολυ διαθεση!και να πεις οτι μας πηραν τα χρονια(συνομηλικες btw!αα και χρονια σου πολλα :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Αχ τι ωραία ιδέα, μια καλή εκδρομούλα πάνω στα γενέθλιά σου- ό,τι καλύτερο! Thank you lovely ;)

      xx

      Delete
  7. Oh thank you, I love your blog!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

I respond to all your lovely comments-
please check back if you've asked me a question!
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...