I've been trying to compose this post for three days now and not a single word comes out right! Goes to show you that writing about a Mac seminar is not as exciting as to actually participate in one... Nevertheless, if you're interested in finding out more info about the Mac Technique seminars, then read on!
The photos below are the face charts from the booklet we took home as loot ;)
Click to enlarge!
* I'll start by stating the most important bit: anyone can attend these seminars, free of charge! If you're a Mac lover, you'll feel "at home" with the Mac language spoken by the makeup artists; I consider myself a Mac newbie, so I faked some nodding action with every confusing term mentioned...
* The seminars take place on days the stores close at 5 pm; they start around 6 pm (coffee and little snacks included), and they last around 30'-45'.
*The spaces are very limited (I recall there were 10 of us there- tops!), so make sure you sign up early!
* You can select one of the 6-7 available seminars' scenarios. I went for the one with the latest makeup trends; we were explained by two lovely Mac makeup artists about the 4 big trends for this summer (shown in the pics). Each of them executed one face chart on attendants that modeled for this purpose.
* At the end of the seminar, all makeup artists were at our service to ask any silly little question that rose our mind- though according to them, we were one of the most quiet, non-demanding crowd they've come across... Oh well, we knew better than the rest!
* Last but not least, all attendants were able to shop with a 15% sale!!! Imagine that: an almost empty Mac store, browsing around with no supervision on your back, all makeup artists free to accommodate you personally- AND to spoil you even more, you're offered a 15% off purchase? In my book, that's a deal not to be missed- who doesn't want to be spoilt every now and then?
If there's anything to conclude to, it's encompassed in this statement: go sign up for a Mac Technique seminar asap!!! Even if you're not that accustomed to Mac, it's a great opportunity to see how makeup is professionally applied, plus it will definitely insipe you to experiment with what you already have.
Have you ever been to a Mac Technique, or any other beauty-related seminar?
Do share your experience!