* Warning: this is a lighthearted post.
Please don't take it too seriously, it was written on the spur of the moment! *
Contemplating on yesterday's "celebration" (ain't feeling the Valentine's pressure to do cutsie things no-matter-what!), I couldn't help but remember all the disastrous dates I've had over the years. Wanna have a good laugh? Read on!
To be fair, I'm not a serious dater per se, though I guess it's only fair to have some funny dating stories to share if you're in your late 20s...
Alright, here goes:
1. Guys, don't brag you use more hairspray than your date does.
Acting like a metrosexual has its limits.
2. Geeky can be cute, just don't go overboard;
for ex. suggesting that you've made your own ring of invisibility (blame Tolkien's trilogy) but shoot! you lost it, it's a total fail...
3. Don't take your date on an abandoned house/temple/construction site if you can't handle it; it's not cool to scream at every squeaking sound and cling on to her like glue.
4. You know the moment when you're all frisky, having just made up with the girl and you walk side by side, your hand on her shoulder... Please, watch where you step. You might end up with your foot stuck in a filthy gutter and as much as the girl would sympathise, it's really hard for her to keep a straight face. True story.
5. Forget the casual mention of how you've been watching porn movies with your mates...
Ain't nothing gonna happen.
6. For the love of God, don't kiss like a dog.
Need a reality check? If the girl needs two tissues to clean herself up after a kiss, then most likely you kiss like one.
Now, come on: I've opened up, don't leave me alone on this! I'm dying to read about your dates that have gone wrong ;)
P.S.: if you're a guy reading this post and recognise yourself in one of the above situations, I'm so sorry for the mini exposure!