I'm probably one of those few people that don't believe in new year's resolutions;
making lists of any sort can be fun and I enjoy it, albeit not in this case.
Enforcing myself such new "rules" that have to be accomplished no-matter-what turns quickly into a stressful situation. And I won't have any of that this year, thank you very much! In fact, here is my one and only new year's resolution (kind of): to avoid stressing out as much as I can.
So, instead of making a list of promises I'm not willing to keep, I took notes of a few beauty products I'd like to look into until spring. Let's start, shall we?
1. Kiehl's Over-Night Biological Peel: this is meant to be some sort of a gentle chemical peel. I've used a sample of this in the past and loved it, but it kills me! that Kiehl's doesn't take part in the monthly 25% sales... Ugh!
2. Garnier Pure Active Fruit Energy Daily Energising Gel Scrub: to add up to the previous on-and-off exfoliator, a daily scrub should keep my skin glowing every single day. This one by Garnier contains Vitamin C and Salicylic Acid, two skincare ingredients I'm loving at the moment. I hear it smells divine!
3. The Body Shop Vitamin C Facial Radiance Capsules: notice the pattern? Vit C is going to be my best friend in 2013! Our skin needs as much anti-oxidant goodness as it can get.
4. Mac Media lipstick: I find dark burgundy lips to be a modern interpretation of the "statement lip" trend, which I love. Now that I'm planning to re-ombre my hair, I'd like to wear an alternative to the cherry-red lipstick that has become so mainstream lately...
5. Mac Veluxe Brow Liner: this seems to be a better deal than the Mac mechanical brow pencils- there's more product, a nifty little spoolie on the end, while it claims to offer a matte powdery finish. Want!
6. Mac 217 brush: I need to improve my skills on blending eyeshadows, and I won't compromise with a cheaper blending brush. 217, it is!
7. Mac Face and Body foundation: hopefully, after I've upgraded my skincare routine for my face to get an even tone, I'd love to try out a weightless foundation like Mac's Face and Body. I can always hope for the best, right?
8. Yves Saint Laurent Creme de Blush, 06-Rouge Passion: having tried Manhattan's mousse blush and loving it, I'm now in search of a new one. Maybelline's colour range is not that eye-catching, but YSL's is! Apart from this beautiful bright red mousse blush, there's also a hot pink, a bright orange, and a tan shade that looks amazing for contouring.
9. Seche Vite top coat: I'm debating over whether to buy Seche Vite or not. I know everyone and their mother owns it, but I'm kinda scared by the "shrinkage" rumours surrounding it! If you have any experience with Seche Vite, do let me know ;)
10. Sleek Au Naturel eyeshadow palette: I'm intrigued by the 8 matte eyeshadows out of the total of 12 in this Sleek palette! I don't own a lot of neutral matte shades, so this would make an excellent addition to my makeup stash.
Jewelry-wise, I wouldn't mind gifting myself with a nice pair of Swarovski studs! Because let's face it, I won't ever be able to own real diamond studs... I also need some sort of a side-cross bracelet, it looks so effortlessly chic. Yes, I'm so late on the trend, I know! Last but not least, it's high time I changed my prescription frames into something cool, like this Wayfarer.
[ I actually thought about going to a vintage eyewear shop and choose a cool and cheap pair of glasses. But, because I'll probably end up spending 2,5 hours umming&ahhing and still haven't decided on a single pair, I ditched that idea. I'm the most indecisive person ever :( ]
Well, that's mainly everything I'd like to get my hands on during the following months! Now I must prepare a similar list with some fashion items, so as to be prepared for the sales to come...
I love me some sales, yay!!!
Now, tell me:
what's on your 2013 beauty wishlist?