08/07/2012

My favourite body lotions for summer!


I admit I'm not a sophisticated buyer when it comes to bodycare products: anything that claims to do the job on the cheap while smelling nice, that's all it takes- I'm sold!

As far as body lotions go, I like to have different ones for each season according to their scent; because in my mind, I can only use a rose body lotion during spring or one that smells of spices in winter.

These are my picks for summer months:


See?
Mass-marketed, easily accessible body lotions that don't break the bank ;)
Each of them offers lightweight moisture to the skin, while having a crisp, green scent.


Garnier Intensive 7 days with Aloe Vera: Garnier was lacking in the body lotion department for many years, so this new range filled the gap nicely. What's remarkable is that they cater for 4 different skintypes; I chose the one for normal skin with Aloe Vera extract. Now, I haven't tested the 7 days claims- who could spend a whole week with just one application? Apart from that, it has a luuuvely cream-to-gel texture and a fresh scent, albeit a tad floral.


Dove Go Fresh Nourishing body lotion: I had to get this body lotion if only for its smell, the Dove Go Fresh cream bar is one of my most loved soaps! It's a lightweight green-tinted cream that offers adequate moisture to normal skin, with some extra menthol for that cool, tingly feeling. Smells distinctly of cucumber and green tea. Love it.


Vaseline Aloe Fresh light feeling lotion: this is probably my favourite body lotion of the bunch! In my opinion, Vaseline makes excellent body moisturisers for their price tag. This Aloe body lotion screams summer, period. It's such a pleasure to apply, the aloe scent is easily classified under "omg" category- I even adore its cheap packaging! In contrast, the Vaseline Aloe Gel was a let-down: while it felt oh-so cooling on the skin, I found it offered very little moisture.


Without a doubt, I would repurchase all three body lotions, despite the fact I love trying out new products. Goes to show you how much I love them! However, if I was somehow forced (?) to pick just one, I would definitely favour the Vaseline Aloe body lotion over the rest.

Have you tried any of the above products? Were you satisfied like I was?
If you favour another body lotion for summer, by all means let me know!

Evi   xx

26 comments:

  1. I guess green packaging is also a must for you when it comes to summer body lotions!
    xxx
    Eleonor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe ain't that obvious? They HAVE to colour-match as well, ocd taking over! lol
      xx

      Delete
  2. asxeto alla mou aresei i teleftea fotografia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ω κι εσένα; Και σε μένα, γι'αυτό την έβαλα αν και θα μπορούσα να την παραλείψω!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Το καλοκαίρι χρησιμοποιώ body oils (ακόμα και baby oil αν δεν θέλω εξτρα άρωμα) μετά το ντους!Βαριέμαι να απλώνω κρέμες ,ειδικά μερικές που αργούν να απορροφηθουν, ενώ το λαδάκι σε βρεγμένο δέρμα είναι 2 λεπτά υπόθεση!Α....έχεις δει πουθενά το dove γαλάκτωμα που δίνει λίγο χρώμα?Το έχω δει σε πολλά blog αλλά ποτέ σε κάποιο μαγαζι!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Καλά το πιστεύεις, δεν έχω δοκιμάσει ποτέ body oil! Τα φοβάμαι ότι δε θα τα απορροφήσει το δέρμα μου και θα μου λερώσουν τα ρούχα με λαδίλες... Λες να το δοκιμάσω; Αυτό το Dove γαλάκτωμα που λες πρέπει να το είχα δοκιμάσει πολύ παλιά, και βλέπω ότι υπάρχει ακόμα στο ελληνικό site οπότε υπάρχει μια πιθανότητα να το έχουν ακόμα τα μαγαζιά! Θα το κοιτάξω και θα σου πω ;)
      xx

      Delete
    2. α θα το αναζητησω τότε σε κάποιο μαγαζί με μεγαλύτερη ποικιλία!Δοκίμασε το! Σε νωπό δέρμα και μετά ταμποναριστά με πετσέτα! Λαδιά έχω κάνει πολλές φορές στα ρούχα ,αλλά δεν εφταιγε body oil! :)

      Delete
    3. Oh cool, θα το δοκιμάσω! xx

      Delete
  4. Anonymous9/7/12 13:59

    Τι ωραιες επιλογες! Εχω τοοοοσα να τελειωσω,αλλα πρεπει να αγορασω αυτην της Vaseline,την εχω βαλει στο ματι εδω κ μηνες.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Αχ είναι τέλεια η συγκεκριμένη Vaseline, θα την καταευχαριστηθείς darling!
      xx

      Delete
  5. ego exo tin 7 hmeron entatiki frontitha tis gernier kai me exei bolepsi poli!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Δεν είναι καταπληκτική για την τιμή της; Καιρός ήταν να βγάλει η Garnier μια σειρά με body lotions, γιατί αυτές που είχε στην πορτοκαλί και στην κόκκινη συσκευασία δεν έλεγαν τίποτα...
      xx

      Delete
  6. Της Garnier ένα διάστημα ήθελα να τη δοκιμάσω και εγώ αλλά έχω τόσες πολλές που δεν πρόκειται να μου τελειώσουν ποτέ!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Χαχα, my life story! Δε θα ήταν τέλεια να είχαν τις ίδιες body lotions και σε μικρότερη συσκευασία, για να δοκιμάζεις πολλές μυρωδιές και να μη σου μένουν μετά μισοάδεια τα μπουκάλια;
      xx

      Delete
    2. Anonymous14/7/12 19:48

      Νομιζω συσκευασιες των 100ml θα εκαναν θραυση σε beauty addicts σαν κ εμας :p

      Delete
    3. Α γεια σου! Απορώ πώς δεν το έχει σκεφτεί κανείς ακόμα...
      xx

      Delete
  7. Η κόκκινη της Garnier ειναι απο τις πιο ενυδατικες που έχω δοκιμάσει αλλα δεν μου άρεσε το άρωμα. Ειναι όμως σούπερ για ακραίες καταστάσεις, ειδικα τον χειμώνα.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Την είχα δοκιμάσει κι εγώ και το άρωμά της με χαλούσε κάθε φορά! Ούτε η άλλη στην πορτοκαλί συσκευασία μου άρεσε. Μόνο εκείνη η συσφικτική στο κίτρινο μπουκάλι ήταν σούπερ!
      xx

      Delete
  8. i haven't used any of these body lotions. i had a stock of the TBS freebies by marie claire magazine :P until recently.
    BUT atm, i am using the worst body lotion i have ever used! the TBS watermelon lotion. it gives you the impression that it's just plain water with artificial perfume and colour.
    i can't wait to finish it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks for the notice, girl! I had my eye on this watermelon body lotion by TBS for quite some time, now I know I won't be buying it any time soon! Wouldn't it be nice though if there was a good-quality body lotion with a watermelon scent? I'll google it and hopefully find some alternatives to this one!
      xx

      Delete
  9. Το Dove είναι υπέροχο!Γενικά ότι και αν δοκιμάσω απο dove το λατρεύω οπότε σιγά μην έλειπε αυτό :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ναιιι, και τα σαπούνια Dove δεν είναι κορυφαία; I can never get enough!!!
      xx

      Delete
  10. I'm with you on the lotions! During summertime cheap that does the job is my motto! ;) i looove the garnier lotion. I have in in the shea butter version and dove will always be a top brand for me. Great picks!!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, I think I need to try out the Shea butter version as well! Glad I'm not the only one that favours cheap body lotions during summer ;)
      xx

      Delete
  11. Κι εμένα μου αρέσουν οι ελαφριές συνθέσεις για το καλοκαίρι, ειδικά ό,τι έχει αλόη το αγαπώ! Πέρνα μια βόλτα από το μπλογκ μου, έχεις βραβειάκι.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ωωω σ'ευχαριστώ Natalie!!!
      xx

      Delete

I respond to all your lovely comments-
please check back if you've asked me a question!
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...